Well, would you look at this. The lovely and very talented Lesley at https://lfkingsewing.wordpress.com/ sewing has just given me an Inspiring Blogger Award!
As with most things, there are rules to follow, and this is me, following them in my own special way.
ONE. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Lesley, I am sending the biggest Thank You! This has made my day, my week, my month, my two months of blogging.
TWO. List the rules and display the award.
My responses are contained within the rule list, and the award is proudly displayed at the beginning of today’s happy post.
THREE. Share seven facts about yourself.
1. When I was young, I wanted to grow up and save the world. My absolute last job choice was to be a secretary (“please sir, may I bring you coffee?”) and you guessed it, that’s what I was for nearly 25 years. I was an admin/marketing assistant (a good one, and I didn’t have to bring coffee to my boss, but sometimes my boss brought coffee to me!)
2. I used to sew, but stopped for over 40 years. Starting up again has been so much more slow-going than I anticipated, sigh. But I love it! And I love fabrics. I’m a tactile kind of person, and love to touch the fabrics (any surfaces, really) everywhere I go. They have to watch me very, very closely in museums.
3. Although neither of us knew it at the time, 20+ years ago I met the love of my life. Five years ago we started seeing each other and we married on May 7, 2011. (that’s all prime numbers, if you hadn’t noticed…pretty cool, yes?) Then I did the unspeakable and moved from CA to NY when he retired.
4. And as you probably suspected, yes, I miss my family in California every minute of every day.
5. I love anything to do with Wales (my mother’s homeland).
5a. I’m entirely too obsessed with my Welsh-ness.
6. If only I could save all the animals……..and children……..and eliminate suffering……..
7. I’m very shy, and it took nearly 2 years before I mustered the courage to even start a blog. After reading so many, I couldn’t decide what mine would possibly be about. Sewing? But I didn’t have a sewing machine, at the time. Projects? What to do? How would they turn out? And then, who in the world would want to read it? Oh yes, so many worries.
So. This is grand!
FOUR. Nominate other amazing blogs and comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them.
Now, this is difficult part. I follow 62 blogs (on my blogroll, which only displays 50?) and others that are not even on the list. They include mostly sewing, but also fashion, food, lifestyle and writing blogs. I carefully checked through “my” bloggers that are rather new, and found that almost all of them have already received such an award. Not to mention the long-time bloggers that have received multiples.
So to my little band of faithful followers, you know who you are, and I thank all of you for your encouragement during my trials thus far. You’ve taught me much already, and cheered me on when my confidence was waning. I comment on many other blogs whose authors don’t know me from beans, and yet they respond back like we are old friends. This is a great community. Can I nominate everyone?
But I must specifically mention two kind souls who made time to communicate with me through emails, and were instrumental in getting me to put my feet (or is that fingers) into the big scary world of blogging. So an extra thank you to Sarah of Goodbye Valentino, and Leslie of Hostess of the Humble Bungalow.
Thanks again, Lesley, and happy sewing everyone!