Let’s play a game, shall we? Let’s play Pretend. Let’s pretend that I posted Sunday Sevens on Sunday instead of Monday. Sound good?
For info about Sunday Sevens, please go to its creator, Natalie, over at Threads & Bobbins. There are no real rules, just sharing of seven(ish) pictures. It’s easy and fun, won’t you join us?
Following are some random bits of my week for your viewing pleasure.
1. New books. Actually, only one is new. I am just beginning “The Invention of Wings,” and about 2/3 through “Under the Banner of Heaven.”
2. Didn’t make it to the farmer’s market this week, but our local grocer offers the very freshest, local products every day. There is always something special going on, and they are the nicest people.
3. One of my favorite places to walk on a flat surface is the Cobbs Hill Reservoir – it’s about 1/2 mile from my home, and the track is .69 mile. So pretty at sunset.
4. I’d like to say this how Frieda keeps her calm demeanor, but she looks a little too wide-eyed to be meditating, don’t you agree?
5. My handsome grandson Carson turned 13 this week! He sent me this photo from his birthday party.
6 & 7. Saturday and Sunday we spent “manning” an outdoor estate sale. The weather was perfect and we met some lovely (and interesting) people. I had my eye on a particular chair….. As it was the lone member of a dining set, no one else was interested. Now it lives happily in our guest room, cozied up to the captain’s desk my sister gave me years ago.
That’s all folks, have a lovely week!